Stomach trouble

As an artist I also have many artist friends, many of whom I suspect would fit the diagnostic criteria for ASC.

The majority of those same people experience anxiety & stomach issues (IBS, IBD, etc).

So, this thread asks: Do any of you not get stomach issues every day/week?

...because I suspect this might be an interesting commonality between us all on the spectrum?

Could the difficulties we have to navigate day to day be interrupting our 'gut-brain-axis' and so be an easy to spot sign of an autistic person?

Sounds random now I write it, but I'm curious

Parents
  • Yes I have had digestive issues all my life and worse so the past 7-8 years. I have nausea, bloating, cramps etc. etc. And certain foods make it worse. And Stress- I am realising this more and more... It runs in the family too, my mum, gran and cousin all have similar issues ... it can be very debilitating. I struggle a lot with food and eating at this point because of all this and I am again super underweight and often don't sleep much due to the digestive issues...

• Yes I have had digestive issues all my life and worse so the past 7-8 years. I have nausea, bloating, cramps etc. etc. And certain foods make it worse. And Stress- I am realising this more and more... It runs in the family too, my mum, gran and cousin all have similar issues ... it can be very debilitating. I struggle a lot with food and eating at this point because of all this and I am again super underweight and often don't sleep much due to the digestive issues...

Children
No Data