This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Wedding

My sister is getting married and she wants me to go to her wedding! I'd forgotten all about it until she sent me a text last night. Weddings are the worst. There's so much noise and way too many people, half of which I wouldn't even know! And I'm not a dress wearing girl, more of a wear my jumper and jeans and stay in my room kinda girl.

How am I going to get out of this? It's the middle of February and I can't go. I get car sick. People freak me out. I have panic attacks and meltdowns.

Parents
  • Just wanted to add (in case it may help in some way), I attended a cousin's wedding a few months ago that I had been having second thoughts about attending because I knew I wasn't in a good place mentally and emotionally. This was something I had made my cousin aware of prior to his wedding.

Well, I attended the wedding and am glad I did. My cousin would not have invited me if he and his now-wife hadn't wanted me there, and I know I would have found it difficult to forgive myself if I had not been there. Whilst the prospect of large social gatherings tends to fill me with dread, it wasn't as bad as I had feared it might be. The whole event was quite relaxed anyway, with plenty of opportunities for me to escape for moments of quiet time away from the other guests. 

As others have said, have a conversation with your sister and see if a compromise can be reached. Relaxed

• Just wanted to add (in case it may help in some way), I attended a cousin's wedding a few months ago that I had been having second thoughts about attending because I knew I wasn't in a good place mentally and emotionally. This was something I had made my cousin aware of prior to his wedding.

Well, I attended the wedding and am glad I did. My cousin would not have invited me if he and his now-wife hadn't wanted me there, and I know I would have found it difficult to forgive myself if I had not been there. Whilst the prospect of large social gatherings tends to fill me with dread, it wasn't as bad as I had feared it might be. The whole event was quite relaxed anyway, with plenty of opportunities for me to escape for moments of quiet time away from the other guests. 

As others have said, have a conversation with your sister and see if a compromise can be reached. Relaxed

Children
No Data