Reverse SAD

Anyone else have this? 

Where most look forward to ever more daylight, it's around now that I start to miss in advance the clear delineation between day and night. That first evening leaving work and it's still daylight depresses me profoundly in a way I can't quite explain. The aggressive insistence of Spring I suppose.

I'm really going to miss my 4.30 pm twilights, but I suppose if we had our personal favourite seasons (autumn/winter in my case) all year round we'd never appreciate them to the extent we do.

Anyone else understand/have this reversal of the more conventional form of SAD?  It's not that I won't get *something* out of the warmer months of flourishing nature, but witnessing Spring's birthpains is like an assault on the senses. Daffodils kind of disgust me - they're so raw, the early shock troops of the season, forced out of the soil into cold harsh misery and screaming in pain. Crocuses too. Like the visual equivalent of being near chopped raw onions or something. Snowdrops at least look more pleasant and delicate, but they're so impertinently 'early' - can we just have winter for now please, thanks?  Anyone get this, or am I just sounding insane? 

Parents
  • Scary Weather Screenshot ahoy:

Am I right/wrong in thinking that the two black circles (with the number 40 inside) represent the strength of the wind?

• Keep strong hold of your umbrella if you go out :) 

I hate windy wet weather, always messes up my hair. 

• I wish I could say the same. 

• Actually my sister and one friend have independently told me that I am a Wills lookalike. Nobody else has ever said this to me, and I’ve deffo never seen anyone do a double take - well maybe in horror but not the ‘what’s he doing here?’ Kind. I’m certain if I went to a lookalike agency tomorrow and went ‘well this needs no explanation’ they’d say ‘I’m afraid it does sir, who the f are you supposed to be?’ And when I explain theyd go ‘do you mean after a very bad accident?’ And yet two people say I’m a dead ringer (I suspect based merely on ‘hair’ style and head shape) while literally nobody else has ever brought it up. I do share his extremely awkward body language and ‘please like me’ smile which is maybe part of the vibe. Shows how different our perceptions are. It’s all very peculiar. 

• I know. I’ve come to terms with my baldness a long time back (horrific at first, even as a bloke for it to start so early) so I joke freely about it now. I’ve still got my back and sides at least! If it’s good enough for Prince William…

• Oh sorry, I wasn't trying to be funny. X

Reply Children
  • Actually my sister and one friend have independently told me that I am a Wills lookalike. Nobody else has ever said this to me, and I’ve deffo never seen anyone do a double take - well maybe in horror but not the ‘what’s he doing here?’ Kind. I’m certain if I went to a lookalike agency tomorrow and went ‘well this needs no explanation’ they’d say ‘I’m afraid it does sir, who the f are you supposed to be?’ And when I explain theyd go ‘do you mean after a very bad accident?’ And yet two people say I’m a dead ringer (I suspect based merely on ‘hair’ style and head shape) while literally nobody else has ever brought it up. I do share his extremely awkward body language and ‘please like me’ smile which is maybe part of the vibe. Shows how different our perceptions are. It’s all very peculiar. 

• I know. I’ve come to terms with my baldness a long time back (horrific at first, even as a bloke for it to start so early) so I joke freely about it now. I’ve still got my back and sides at least! If it’s good enough for Prince William…