Comments please for suicide research tools

I've written on here many times as my obsession is with suicide prevention, which I have got caught up with in a big way, but do not want to die , but realise that we autistics have a very high risk of this. 

I've tried the usual things with drugs, psychotherapy etc and in my quest (as a research doctor) , I ve now set up a major research group , with many of the National experts in the country. It has taken years to get to this point but we are approaching a launch and I wondered about others opinions as to a useful avenue.

Existing services are largely medical ( with no evidence they save lives) and listening eg Samaritans (who NEVER give advice), but always listen and chat to ask you about your worries.

We will have a launch to thousands of people. and I feel we need a NEW service that is effective. Many suicidal thoughts relate to problems which are not medical (they are about relationships, finance, legal matters etc) so my idea is to give free access to any experts who wish to register and help with suicidal distress with anonymised (safe advice) I know my problems would have been helped with legal advice, rather than medical.

So FREE EXPERT ADVICE , but creation of a record to monitor peoples requests/ story / perhaps suicide risk factors and safety factors

Do you think this service would be useful and popular?  It would all be free and rely on people donating their expertise for free (anonymised). 

It would all be on an anonymised database (which could be researched) , but data GDPR security would be essential.

Any thoughts?

Parents
  • I think fundamentally this could be a really helpful resource. And it’s really good it being done with academics because if it works it’s going to run really contrary to the conventional wisdom on counciling and therapy where it’s all about helping people adapt to their circumstances where as it sounds like your experts will be helping people adapt their circumstances to them. A difficult pill for some the the  mental health field to swallow. In terms of paradigm change. Professionals will need to see academics proving this approach or they’ll dismiss it out of hand.

• I think fundamentally this could be a really helpful resource. And it’s really good it being done with academics because if it works it’s going to run really contrary to the conventional wisdom on counciling and therapy where it’s all about helping people adapt to their circumstances where as it sounds like your experts will be helping people adapt their circumstances to them. A difficult pill for some the the  mental health field to swallow. In terms of paradigm change. Professionals will need to see academics proving this approach or they’ll dismiss it out of hand.

Children
  • Current arrangements are not working, but may help some. Suicide rates are increasing. Much of the "professionals" approach at present is protecting themselves, not saving lives.

We have computer technology and Artificial Intelligence  which isn't being used for this at present and could provide "instant research based anonymous expertise".

I am optimistic we can help