Comments please for suicide research tools

I've written on here many times as my obsession is with suicide prevention, which I have got caught up with in a big way, but do not want to die , but realise that we autistics have a very high risk of this. 

I've tried the usual things with drugs, psychotherapy etc and in my quest (as a research doctor) , I ve now set up a major research group , with many of the National experts in the country. It has taken years to get to this point but we are approaching a launch and I wondered about others opinions as to a useful avenue.

Existing services are largely medical ( with no evidence they save lives) and listening eg Samaritans (who NEVER give advice), but always listen and chat to ask you about your worries.

We will have a launch to thousands of people. and I feel we need a NEW service that is effective. Many suicidal thoughts relate to problems which are not medical (they are about relationships, finance, legal matters etc) so my idea is to give free access to any experts who wish to register and help with suicidal distress with anonymised (safe advice) I know my problems would have been helped with legal advice, rather than medical.

So FREE EXPERT ADVICE , but creation of a record to monitor peoples requests/ story / perhaps suicide risk factors and safety factors

Do you think this service would be useful and popular?  It would all be free and rely on people donating their expertise for free (anonymised). 

It would all be on an anonymised database (which could be researched) , but data GDPR security would be essential.

Any thoughts?

Parents Reply
  • The idea would be to involve autistic people in giving advice if they have the relevant experience ie are doctors, lawyers or some expertise.

There would be lots of options for distraction , education and most importantly individul advice

Children
No Data