tips for sleeping with noise

tried all sorts of meds over the yrs got decent ear plugs shame they dont make ones to make u deaf tho got highest dicibal rating n comfy ones tho got noise cacenlling headphones over ear and airpods put my sony over ear on top of my ear plugs play brown noise for my brain to rest works amazing!!! some fucking peace!! but need to sleep on my sode just cant otherwise so its only ear plugs they dont block everything out tho. even tried bose sleep buds to block & mask noise but white noise woek me up alllll night worst nights sleep evaaa >:| had a refund for em but worth a try. over the yrs been on loads of diff meds none help with noise sensitive i can be sedated and still cant sleep bc of noise. 

i tried cbd, meletonin, zopidom, zopiclone, promethazine, lorazepam, clonazepam, tramazipam, used to be on other reg meds too but they dont help like risperidone, sertraline, clopixal, olanzapine ect

so i got the best earplugs which dont make u deaf i think health and saefty wont make em to make u deaf and meds dont work plus i hate feeling groggy and i build up a tolerence rly fast they dont work at all after 2 nights on trot that being helping me relax enough to lie in bed and give it a gd shot then zilch

i have hypervigilence any noise i hear when i tey and sleep makes my body feel electric and heart races ears *** up i stop breathing. i settle back down and it happens again. and constant is too stimulating to sleep i can hear mumurs of conversation through my earplugs my brain wont switch off

i hate it when ppl are on 2:1 in corridor does my fucking head in staff arent understanding bc no patients have an issue like this ever so they dont understand and its exhausting to explain it all to everyone 

anyone else got an success with similar issues??

Parents
  • I know how awful it is to be hypervigilant to noise all the time and I seem to be getting worse with that. I've tried all kinds of ear plugs and noise cancelling headphones etc. I've just ordered some Bose earbuds which are supposed to be world class noise cancelling, based upon your experience I should probably lower my expectations.

Your description of feeling electric and heart racing sounds similar to what I experience. When the noise triggers me and makes my heart race the earplugs just seem to amplify that pounding internally inside my head and it's like torture. I believe it is caused by hypersensitive interoception. 

I find that if I can't sleep it helps to have some audio to focus on and distract me from whatever is preventing me sleeping. Such as playing a youtube video or an audiobook. The noise of my choice becomes a focus that helps me block out the unwanted noise. Luckily here at home there isn't much noise at night.

The environment you are stuck in at the moment sounds horrendous and staff really should be more understanding. Hospitals are difficult environments for autistic people. Hopefully you will be out of there soon and will be able to sleep somewhere quieter.

• I know how awful it is to be hypervigilant to noise all the time and I seem to be getting worse with that. I've tried all kinds of ear plugs and noise cancelling headphones etc. I've just ordered some Bose earbuds which are supposed to be world class noise cancelling, based upon your experience I should probably lower my expectations.

Your description of feeling electric and heart racing sounds similar to what I experience. When the noise triggers me and makes my heart race the earplugs just seem to amplify that pounding internally inside my head and it's like torture. I believe it is caused by hypersensitive interoception. 

I find that if I can't sleep it helps to have some audio to focus on and distract me from whatever is preventing me sleeping. Such as playing a youtube video or an audiobook. The noise of my choice becomes a focus that helps me block out the unwanted noise. Luckily here at home there isn't much noise at night.

The environment you are stuck in at the moment sounds horrendous and staff really should be more understanding. Hospitals are difficult environments for autistic people. Hopefully you will be out of there soon and will be able to sleep somewhere quieter.

Children
No Data