Ghosting - Presumably a more prevalent [or more fiercely felt] experience in the autistic population?

These questions presented themselves from within the recent tread about new users not responding to our writings or advice (originated within ‘Anybody need some advice from the voice of reason ?)

“Ghosting” is when someone just doesn’t respond to you at all despite you fully expecting them to do so, in any event.  I would distinguish "ghosting" from blocking or outright ignoring someone.  I would equate the feeling of "ghosting" to feeling like you have been overtly given the advice to "take the hint, mate."

I hate the experience…..SO many unanswered questions...and you should be polite and not push for an explanation?  Right??

Parents
  • Unless we are talking public service organisation which hasn't done something they should have, I just tend to assume people are busy and will get around to it whenever.  Maybe I'm just not twigging when people don't actually want to communicate??

• Unless we are talking public service organisation which hasn't done something they should have, I just tend to assume people are busy and will get around to it whenever.  Maybe I'm just not twigging when people don't actually want to communicate??

Children
  • I am endlessly surprised in both directions - so I am clearly "not twigging" !?  As you say, people are busy and sometimes get back to you weeks and weeks later than anticipated.  Those are uplifting ones.