Autopia!

I was watching this Aucademy video last night https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPo-f4Ea4-U

They were discussing what an ideal world for autistic people would look like. The suggestions on the PowerPoint slides made perfect sense to me and I would love to live in such a place.

Imagine a world where all communication was clear and straightforward. Everyone would have their own space. Nature and animals would be cared for. Best of all it would be quiet!

Please share any comments or suggestions of what your ideal world might be like. Particularly any changes that might be realistically achievable on the planet we are stuck on for the time being

Parents
  • I read a book recently - The name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss - it's fantasy. One of countries on that ficticious world Ademre is a country of people communicating using gestures, talk is reserved for family, and out of neccessity to communicate with outsiders/barbarians. Everyone else perceives them as fidgety, and reluctant to talk, while in fact they are communicating except everyone else doesn't even see it as communication. Gestures communicate emotional states as well. It's equal opportunities country, women can become ruler the same way as man, and actually it happens more often.

• I read a book recently - The name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss - it's fantasy. One of countries on that ficticious world Ademre is a country of people communicating using gestures, talk is reserved for family, and out of neccessity to communicate with outsiders/barbarians. Everyone else perceives them as fidgety, and reluctant to talk, while in fact they are communicating except everyone else doesn't even see it as communication. Gestures communicate emotional states as well. It's equal opportunities country, women can become ruler the same way as man, and actually it happens more often.

Children
No Data