Head banging/ self injury

Hi, 

I struggle with not banging my head on the floor hard when I'm stressed. I've tried to internet search help about it but it's all to do with autistic children. Is this not something adults do? Or is there no real help for adults about it. 

I'm 30 fyi.

Any thoughts, resources etc.? 

Parents
  • I have the exact same issue, my earliest memory of when I started head banging would have been around 8/9 I would get frustrated with video games I would literally over time destroy my controller by hitting my forehead. From that its spiraled into heaps of other things such as overwhelming emotions, failing an exam and many other reasons. 

I've seen five psychologist all to no help at all.

Ive tried searching forehead scars from head banging on YouTube Google trying different combinations all comes up with autistic children which is no help. 

The scarring on my forehead from the 20 years of hitting my head is horrible, it's embarrassing I wish I could upload a photo and attach to this comment to show the severity as words only have an linguistic expression of reality.

How long have you head banged for ?

• I have the exact same issue, my earliest memory of when I started head banging would have been around 8/9 I would get frustrated with video games I would literally over time destroy my controller by hitting my forehead. From that its spiraled into heaps of other things such as overwhelming emotions, failing an exam and many other reasons. 

I've seen five psychologist all to no help at all.

Ive tried searching forehead scars from head banging on YouTube Google trying different combinations all comes up with autistic children which is no help. 

The scarring on my forehead from the 20 years of hitting my head is horrible, it's embarrassing I wish I could upload a photo and attach to this comment to show the severity as words only have an linguistic expression of reality.

How long have you head banged for ?

Children
No Data