School reports - how were yours?

I'm just watching this Yo Samdy Sam video and already noticing (in spite of her posh, private school education - privilege alert!) that many of the teachers' observations are almost exaclty the same as on my own.  Almost eerily, in fact, although I went to a very rough comprehensive in the North East of England.  My reports were, on the face of it, rather good, but there are some little asides which indicate constant high levels of anxiety combined with my supposed "giftedness" (I was actually terrified into appearing "gifted", I now think).  When I look back, I'm getting more of a feeling of, "My goodness - what did they do to me?" 

Very interesting, I think, And I'll probably reflect some more on this as I watch the rest.  My "giftedness" didn't exactly carry over into most of the workplaces I got myself trapped in and I then experienced decades of anxiety and fairly poor mental health.  

So...  and if you care to share, how was it for you?   

www.youtube.com/watch

Parents
    • Most of my school reports were similar, Roy is quiet, he doesn’t make himself feel present in a group. He isn’t a team player. You can see the picture. One teacher was different, I was a pupil of hers when I was 11 years old. I would go on holiday with her, not just one my own, normally about 6 boys. We would go fishing to Ireland. There was nothing Pervy about it. When I went to get an apprenticeship she wrote me a reference, it basically said that I was a good trustworthy person. She then said that I had problem solving skills that she had never encountered in 30 years of teaching. I never knew why I was different then. 
      I have watched a lot of Sam’s videos, I do tend to agree with you.
    • Most of my school reports were similar, Roy is quiet, he doesn’t make himself feel present in a group. He isn’t a team player. You can see the picture. One teacher was different, I was a pupil of hers when I was 11 years old. I would go on holiday with her, not just one my own, normally about 6 boys. We would go fishing to Ireland. There was nothing Pervy about it. When I went to get an apprenticeship she wrote me a reference, it basically said that I was a good trustworthy person. She then said that I had problem solving skills that she had never encountered in 30 years of teaching. I never knew why I was different then. 
      I have watched a lot of Sam’s videos, I do tend to agree with you.
Children
  • That teacher sounds so nice and probably a saving grace within the education system as it was (and probably still is). 

I don't think I was a team player either but then I look back and can see that it wasn't all down to me.  If other kids don't include us or allow us in, whether in the playground or in classes involving teamwork, then some of that is surely down to their poor social skills (and even bullying on many occasions)?