Coca-Cola

Hi, 

It’s another one of those questions that keeps my mind ticking. During my time working in schools and as a youth worker, (and just in every day situations) I’ve been noticing patterns of people that are addicted to drinking any form of coca-cola. I’ve noticed that a lot of autistic/adhd people have said that they are addicted to fizzy drinks, being coca-cola in particular. I know I’m a huge coca-cola fan (and I know it’s a really bad habit and all the negatives that comes with it) but I cannot stop drinking it, it’s an addiction. 

My first question is, does anyone else know of someone else, or have themselves, a coca-cola addiction, and if this is something that people on the spectrum tend to get easily addicted to?

Secondly, I always wonder why coca-cola/any fizzy drink addiction, isn’t treated like an addiction or taken seriously? People say stop drinking it but I find it really difficult to stop. What’s people’s thoughts and do you think it should be taken seriously by health professionals and others? 

side note, I’m wondering if it’s like and OCD obsessive disorder or something, the more I think about it. But I just wanted to know what others thought. 

Parents
  • Just to note, they reportedly use that as a low cost way of clearing old oil out of engines. Now imagine you intestinal bacteria and the soft tissue in you, and then consider that many of us on the spectrum also have IBD. I'm laying here in agony having not eaten food today due to pain and the additional things, I'm sure you can imagine.

In short, stop drinking that muck guys! You'll thank me later if you do. I'd do anything to go back to a healthier youth now

• Canoeists drink cola because it raises the acid level in the gut and kills off any nasty bugs in the water from the rats' pee, which cause Weil's disease. Cola kills any bugs you happen to swallow. That's what the Army Youth Team instructor said, anyway.

Talking of sewage, cola is also a good lavatory cleaner if left in the pan overnight.

• Canoeists drink cola because it raises the acid level in the gut and kills off any nasty bugs in the water from the rats' pee, which cause Weil's disease. Cola kills any bugs you happen to swallow. That's what the Army Youth Team instructor said, anyway.

Talking of sewage, cola is also a good lavatory cleaner if left in the pan overnight.

Children
No Data