Imaging Character's in books

Hey all, I'm interested around the fact that its apparently difficult for those on the spectrum to image how characters in novels look like.

Does anyone on here struggle with this? If so, why?

Personally speaking in my case, the characters in books I read usually take the form of people in real life. A lot of this comes from actors in TV shows and films, but even people in my life can take the form of a character in my mind at times. I'm not sure if that can be considered an imaginary deficit, but I have no idea how neurotypical people can imagine entirely new human faces if that apparently is the case. 

Parents
  • Hi. I'm not sure about facesbecause I don't usually look at people's faces, so they're more like a blank spot but everything else I can imagine easily. Reading sometimes triggers my imagination to the point where I catch myself imagining, thinking that I am not sure if i was actually reading or just making things up in my head, watching a live video, except what I imagined follows the what's in a book

• Hi. I'm not sure about facesbecause I don't usually look at people's faces, so they're more like a blank spot but everything else I can imagine easily. Reading sometimes triggers my imagination to the point where I catch myself imagining, thinking that I am not sure if i was actually reading or just making things up in my head, watching a live video, except what I imagined follows the what's in a book

Children