Autistic adults, how do you express joy and happiness

I'm still waiting for my assessment.

I think I expressed joy without masking for the first time today, I'm unsure though because I've heard differing accounts.

It was squealing and slapping on my legs and knees. 

Parents
  • I have alexithymia (difficult identifying and understanding my emotions). I think when I'm happy I don't really know how to express it. There's an amusing video clip from my civil wedding earlier this year where the registrar announces that we're married and my wife (who has a number of autistic traits and may be on the spectrum) starts jumping up and down and waving her arms and I look happy, but confused and settle for giving her a hug.

• I have alexithymia (difficult identifying and understanding my emotions). I think when I'm happy I don't really know how to express it. There's an amusing video clip from my civil wedding earlier this year where the registrar announces that we're married and my wife (who has a number of autistic traits and may be on the spectrum) starts jumping up and down and waving her arms and I look happy, but confused and settle for giving her a hug.

Children
No Data