What is autistic inertia?

I keep seeing posts here about autistic inertia. I have to ask what is that?

From the description it sounds like it may be what I am going through at the moment. Only trouble is I have an awful lot of stuff I actually HAVE to do and I don't know how I'm going to find the "energy" for want of a better word to do it.
Any explanations or tips would be very appreciated 

Parents
  • I believe this is another of those "moody" terms (ie not really defined, not really liked, not really understood, not really classified.) Personally, I think it is pretty linked to an even more moody term of PDA [Pathological Demand Avoidance / Pervasive Demand for Autonomy] that causes ructions 90% of the time - whenever (and where ever) - I have previously mentioned it.  I believe that "autistic inertia" and "PDA" are 'things' that fall in the nether-regions of the NT and ND worlds.  It will be interesting to see what other opinions arrive on this page.

Thanks for getting this one going Billy.

• I believe this is another of those "moody" terms (ie not really defined, not really liked, not really understood, not really classified.) Personally, I think it is pretty linked to an even more moody term of PDA [Pathological Demand Avoidance / Pervasive Demand for Autonomy] that causes ructions 90% of the time - whenever (and where ever) - I have previously mentioned it.  I believe that "autistic inertia" and "PDA" are 'things' that fall in the nether-regions of the NT and ND worlds.  It will be interesting to see what other opinions arrive on this page.

Thanks for getting this one going Billy.

Children
No Data