No Support

I'm sorry if this sounds super selfish of me and like I'm just a moaning girl but I am sick and tired of having to do everything alone with no support.

I'm really sick physically. My mental health is all over the place and I feel like I'm about to crash and burn. 

I went to my GP she was ok but offered no help regarding my autism she just said I need antidepressants but I'm not depressed I'm struggling with autistic problems and massive burnout but she didn't get it when I tried explaining. I got so frustrated and ended up crying. 

Why is there no support?

Why are we on our own?

I wish there was more support for us.

Sorry for ranting here. Feel like I needed to get that off my chest.

Parents
  • I totally get it. The non autistic world just doesn't.

You won't get any recognition or understanding of autistic burnout from your GP or any other health service. Then when you cry through sheer frustration at their lack of understanding, they will say you're depressed and start trying to pressure you into taking anti-depressants. Weary

Services just don't know what to do with us and all they are interested in is passing the 'problem' to someone else. 

I would like to join a support group for autistic adults but they don't exist in my area. My nearest is over 50 miles away and the meetings take place in the evening. I can't drive in the dark (due to my hyper sensitivity to lights) and there is no public transport which could get me there and home again. It would mean staying in a hotel overnight which I can't afford.

I have found considerably more understanding and support on here than anywhere else. 

• I totally get it. The non autistic world just doesn't.

You won't get any recognition or understanding of autistic burnout from your GP or any other health service. Then when you cry through sheer frustration at their lack of understanding, they will say you're depressed and start trying to pressure you into taking anti-depressants. Weary

Services just don't know what to do with us and all they are interested in is passing the 'problem' to someone else. 

I would like to join a support group for autistic adults but they don't exist in my area. My nearest is over 50 miles away and the meetings take place in the evening. I can't drive in the dark (due to my hyper sensitivity to lights) and there is no public transport which could get me there and home again. It would mean staying in a hotel overnight which I can't afford.

I have found considerably more understanding and support on here than anywhere else. 

Children
No Data