No Support

I'm sorry if this sounds super selfish of me and like I'm just a moaning girl but I am sick and tired of having to do everything alone with no support.

I'm really sick physically. My mental health is all over the place and I feel like I'm about to crash and burn. 

I went to my GP she was ok but offered no help regarding my autism she just said I need antidepressants but I'm not depressed I'm struggling with autistic problems and massive burnout but she didn't get it when I tried explaining. I got so frustrated and ended up crying. 

Why is there no support?

Why are we on our own?

I wish there was more support for us.

Sorry for ranting here. Feel like I needed to get that off my chest.

Parents
  • Since my diagnosis last year I have had sertraline for depression, which just triggered horrible migraines without altering my mood --except by making me miserable through daily migraines. Nothing else has been made available, nothing at all. In my area there is a social group for adult autistics with places for 30 people. As I live in a town of 100,000 and at least 1 in a 100 people is autistic ,that is a shortfall of 970 places!

• Since my diagnosis last year I have had sertraline for depression, which just triggered horrible migraines without altering my mood --except by making me miserable through daily migraines. Nothing else has been made available, nothing at all. In my area there is a social group for adult autistics with places for 30 people. As I live in a town of 100,000 and at least 1 in a 100 people is autistic ,that is a shortfall of 970 places!

Children
  • I had to come off Sertraline in the end due to rapid weight gain, and restless limbs that wouldn't let me have a momen't peace. I think I became resistant too to the one benefit (taking the edge off things) that they'd briefly had.