No Support

I'm sorry if this sounds super selfish of me and like I'm just a moaning girl but I am sick and tired of having to do everything alone with no support.

I'm really sick physically. My mental health is all over the place and I feel like I'm about to crash and burn. 

I went to my GP she was ok but offered no help regarding my autism she just said I need antidepressants but I'm not depressed I'm struggling with autistic problems and massive burnout but she didn't get it when I tried explaining. I got so frustrated and ended up crying. 

Why is there no support?

Why are we on our own?

I wish there was more support for us.

Sorry for ranting here. Feel like I needed to get that off my chest.

Parents
  • I'm sorry. There doesn't seem to be much support for the moment. I was in the same situation once asking what was going on 5 years ago to a therapist in the GPs office and Autism didn't even come up as a possibility. I was dismissed as highly intelligent. It was in the US, so they gave me a bottle of Xanax and sent me to a occupational therapist who was supposed to help me Time Manage. I will say this: The Xanax works. But in the UK you can only get it from a private GP from what I understand. And while it will stop the out of control beach all in my head, they don’t problem solve. It became absolutely important to fix my environment and learn to resolve issues to any degree available which might be causing stress. 

Since then I've found out I'm just autistic and a load of research which explains everything and made it easier to cope. A new medical paper I stumbled across basically proves the Autistic brain, with it's higher percent of Gamma Waves (higher oscillations of brain waves is responsible for making connexions, a flow-state / eureka state) will induce physical anxiety far more often than non-autistic peers. A thought is these oscillations can accelerate out of control and physically induce anxiety. But it accounts for full-brain reasoning and flow-state (hyper focus). They're also responsible for intense impact. This, IMhO is why anti-depressants won't work. 

I also have a feeling from a large body of philosophy I've been reading for some time, that the chasm between autistic and non-autistic didn't always exist to the degree it does. Western society has changed in values and our innate sense of  reasoning around laws of nature don't fit the current model. 

• I'm sorry. There doesn't seem to be much support for the moment. I was in the same situation once asking what was going on 5 years ago to a therapist in the GPs office and Autism didn't even come up as a possibility. I was dismissed as highly intelligent. It was in the US, so they gave me a bottle of Xanax and sent me to a occupational therapist who was supposed to help me Time Manage. I will say this: The Xanax works. But in the UK you can only get it from a private GP from what I understand. And while it will stop the out of control beach all in my head, they don’t problem solve. It became absolutely important to fix my environment and learn to resolve issues to any degree available which might be causing stress. 

Since then I've found out I'm just autistic and a load of research which explains everything and made it easier to cope. A new medical paper I stumbled across basically proves the Autistic brain, with it's higher percent of Gamma Waves (higher oscillations of brain waves is responsible for making connexions, a flow-state / eureka state) will induce physical anxiety far more often than non-autistic peers. A thought is these oscillations can accelerate out of control and physically induce anxiety. But it accounts for full-brain reasoning and flow-state (hyper focus). They're also responsible for intense impact. This, IMhO is why anti-depressants won't work. 

I also have a feeling from a large body of philosophy I've been reading for some time, that the chasm between autistic and non-autistic didn't always exist to the degree it does. Western society has changed in values and our innate sense of  reasoning around laws of nature don't fit the current model. 

Children
  • That’s really interesting - I agree with this issue about how western society is at the moment and what you describe as the ‘chasm’ between what autistic people need to thrive and what’s expected of us in the current time. There’s a lot of pressure and noise and a lot of threat (in subtle and not so subtle forms) in modern western societies. It’s hard to find peace and space to be yourself as an autistic person. Years ago if you needed to ‘opt out’ for a while you could ‘sign on’ and be largely left alone if you didn’t mind being skint. But now it’s almost impossible to get away from society and be left alone, or find an alternative way of living more suited to your needs as an autistic person. It puts massive pressure on people who cannot thrive in mainstream capitalist societies.