No Support

I'm sorry if this sounds super selfish of me and like I'm just a moaning girl but I am sick and tired of having to do everything alone with no support.

I'm really sick physically. My mental health is all over the place and I feel like I'm about to crash and burn. 

I went to my GP she was ok but offered no help regarding my autism she just said I need antidepressants but I'm not depressed I'm struggling with autistic problems and massive burnout but she didn't get it when I tried explaining. I got so frustrated and ended up crying. 

Why is there no support?

Why are we on our own?

I wish there was more support for us.

Sorry for ranting here. Feel like I needed to get that off my chest.

Parents
  • Hi Stacia - I really relate to this. I feel the same. There’s so little help and if you do get referred by a gp the waiting times are far too long. They always just want to give you anti-depressants - and these aren’t always suitable. I can’t tolerate anti-depressants due to a previous very serious bad reaction to them but they still keep suggesting them if I or my son ever ask for help. It’s because they’re an easy, cheap  ‘answer’ that the GP can pack you off with - but they’re not right for everyone and they don’t deal with complex underlying issues or autistic related difficulties and burnout. 

im sorry you’re not getting the help you need. I don’t blame you for ‘ranting’ - it’s justified! 

solidarity - you’re not alone. Take care x 

• Hi Stacia - I really relate to this. I feel the same. There’s so little help and if you do get referred by a gp the waiting times are far too long. They always just want to give you anti-depressants - and these aren’t always suitable. I can’t tolerate anti-depressants due to a previous very serious bad reaction to them but they still keep suggesting them if I or my son ever ask for help. It’s because they’re an easy, cheap  ‘answer’ that the GP can pack you off with - but they’re not right for everyone and they don’t deal with complex underlying issues or autistic related difficulties and burnout. 

im sorry you’re not getting the help you need. I don’t blame you for ‘ranting’ - it’s justified! 

solidarity - you’re not alone. Take care x 

Children
No Data