Brilliant autistic book Neuroqueer Heresies by autistic academic Nick Walker

Hello fellow autistic people, I thought I would recommend this brilliant book by Nick Walker. It’s about the neurodiversity paradigm and autistic culture, it is basically a collection of her essays on these subjects.

I hope this interests you and you enjoy the book as much as I do!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neuroqueer-Heresies-Neurodiversity-Empowerment-Possibilities/dp/1945955260/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=2D4T9NJO9MFI6&keywords=neuroqueer+heresies&qid=1660426637&sprefix=neuroq%2Caps%2C120&sr=8-1

Parents
  • Sounds really good, someone I've not come across before, but that's how it is with autism writers and advocates, a lot to keep track of an new ones come along all the time, thanks.

• It’s a great book. You say about autism advocates but Nick Walker’s work is not particularly new, she just decided to collate her essays in a book.

Having said that, there are lots of great biographies and memoirs by other autistics.

So many great autistic books to enjoy!

I hope you like the book.

• New to me, I should have said.  I'm not really a book person, and a limited budget, so have to choose wisely what I buy and this one sounds like a wide book to buy next, than others I have in mind.  I will order it before I forget, as that's happened before and then struggle to find the book again.

• New to me, I should have said.  I'm not really a book person, and a limited budget, so have to choose wisely what I buy and this one sounds like a wide book to buy next, than others I have in mind.  I will order it before I forget, as that's happened before and then struggle to find the book again.

Children