My Special Interest is Thinking

It sounds bizarre even to me, but I couldn't tell what is my special interest, it bugged me all the time.

It was like in a polish poem for kids about Mister Hilary looking for his glasses, while he had them on his nose all along.

After I watched Autistamtic's video about special interests, I decided there is only one possibility - Thinking.

I do have many interests, some of them time and money consuming, but there is only one that persisted through my whole life - Thinking.

It is my safe place where I escape when in need. I do not need to be told to do it, and nobody can break in. 

I'm doing it for hours sometimes without noticing how long I am doing tt. If it wasn't for alarms I set, I would often miss moment when I'm supposed to get up and go to work, I'm so engrossed in it.

I can think about anything and everything, because it stimulates my special interest. The more wierd, unexplainable, uncommon, the better, it will make think longer. 

It would explain why I do not stick to one branch of knowledge, I read and absorb all, whatever I currently need to thinik about.

When I meet my friends I can talk about what I was thinking about lately with so much excitment and at increased speed, that I can tell they do not know how to interject. But I want their opinions too so I stop sometimes.

I come up with many radical, abstract conclusions often, to things nobody bothered to think about, but for me existing explanation was lacking, so I had to do it.

Does it make any sense to you? 

Have you heard about special interest that does not exist in a real word? 

Is it possible?

Parents
  • I was recently told that I need to stop thinking so deeply about things. The best of it was that the person who said it is also Autistic.

Apparently, talking to me was a bit like talking to Sherlock Holmes, even though they had a tendency to remember and 'forensically' examine conversations. Laughing

• and based on that give them excellent advice, that sounds so incredible, yet plausible, making their brain stuck, unable to decide if they should fight, flight or freeze

like I did yesterday to my manager, when he found false £20 in one of drawers at the end of the day:

if you figure out who brought it, there isn't many twenties shouldn't be to hard and they come back, you should call cops, you never know you might end up national hero on the first page in newspapers tomorrow

TFBR :D

• and based on that give them excellent advice, that sounds so incredible, yet plausible, making their brain stuck, unable to decide if they should fight, flight or freeze

like I did yesterday to my manager, when he found false £20 in one of drawers at the end of the day:

if you figure out who brought it, there isn't many twenties shouldn't be to hard and they come back, you should call cops, you never know you might end up national hero on the first page in newspapers tomorrow

TFBR :D

Children
No Data