How long does a burnout last?

Hi, I finally realised that I’m autistic in December, I was fine about it for a couple of weeks and doing a lot of research. I then one day had an unexpected appointment thrust upon me which caused one of the worst meltdowns that I have ever had. It was the full 4 horsemen of the  apocalypse. I couldn’t get out of bed for 48 hours. That was six months ago, since then I’ve just been constantly tired and have no interest in anything, I’m self employed and just can’t engage with my work. It’s as if I’m drowning. I’ve been processing every thought of the last 50 years, I seem to fit adhd as well, my mind is always at Mach 2, I have never been able to sit still and anxiety is 24/7. I’m on the waiting list for an asd assessment, not knowing the time span is driving me mad, I’m actually thinking of selling the family house so I can get a private assessment. I’ve cut down on work as I can’t manage taking very much at the moment. I tried antidepressants but felt no different.  Any ideas people?

Parents
  • Hi Roy I'm sorry your experiencing this. I've had burnout and it isn't pleasant one bit. Your mind races and you can't focus or do anything because your exhausted. I always imagine it like I'm an engine and I've just overheated and exploded. This happened to my dads classic car which is how I picture me, smoking excessively when I'm fried an in burnout.

I find it is different each time I experience this. Sometimes it lasts hours and other times it can be days, weeks or months. The longest was about 3-4 months.. that was terrible I was like a zombie. It was caused after my mum suffered a heart problem.

All you can do to help yourself is to try to stop worrying and calm down. Let your body and mind recover and get all the rest you can and try not to let pressure and stress get to you. I know that's easier said than done.

I wish there was another way which could get you out of it straight away.

Hugs Heart

• Hi Roy I'm sorry your experiencing this. I've had burnout and it isn't pleasant one bit. Your mind races and you can't focus or do anything because your exhausted. I always imagine it like I'm an engine and I've just overheated and exploded. This happened to my dads classic car which is how I picture me, smoking excessively when I'm fried an in burnout.

I find it is different each time I experience this. Sometimes it lasts hours and other times it can be days, weeks or months. The longest was about 3-4 months.. that was terrible I was like a zombie. It was caused after my mum suffered a heart problem.

All you can do to help yourself is to try to stop worrying and calm down. Let your body and mind recover and get all the rest you can and try not to let pressure and stress get to you. I know that's easier said than done.

I wish there was another way which could get you out of it straight away.

Hugs Heart

Children
No Data