How long does a burnout last?

Hi, I finally realised that I’m autistic in December, I was fine about it for a couple of weeks and doing a lot of research. I then one day had an unexpected appointment thrust upon me which caused one of the worst meltdowns that I have ever had. It was the full 4 horsemen of the  apocalypse. I couldn’t get out of bed for 48 hours. That was six months ago, since then I’ve just been constantly tired and have no interest in anything, I’m self employed and just can’t engage with my work. It’s as if I’m drowning. I’ve been processing every thought of the last 50 years, I seem to fit adhd as well, my mind is always at Mach 2, I have never been able to sit still and anxiety is 24/7. I’m on the waiting list for an asd assessment, not knowing the time span is driving me mad, I’m actually thinking of selling the family house so I can get a private assessment. I’ve cut down on work as I can’t manage taking very much at the moment. I tried antidepressants but felt no different.  Any ideas people?

Parents
  • Hm, my last burnout was about 6 months long, and I had about 4 weeks off work during it. I remained completely unmotivated and lost for almost 2 years after it. I still don’t think I’m 100%.

Antidepressants aren’t really helpful for it, but CBT and lots of self care can improve matters. It’s about finding how much you can do, and how much down time you require to function at your own ‘best’ setting. It’s a long orocess!

• Hm, my last burnout was about 6 months long, and I had about 4 weeks off work during it. I remained completely unmotivated and lost for almost 2 years after it. I still don’t think I’m 100%.

Antidepressants aren’t really helpful for it, but CBT and lots of self care can improve matters. It’s about finding how much you can do, and how much down time you require to function at your own ‘best’ setting. It’s a long orocess!

Children
No Data