Not at all sure I fit in here

Having read comments here over the last couple of days  I'm increasingly wondering whether this community/forum is a good fit for me.  Whereas I'm not a severe autistic needing 24x7x365 care I also can't identify with the high powered careers and lives  many of you seem to have.

To some degree that may be due to having a comorbid  schizophrenia/schizo-affective dx.It's a compatibility issue not one where any of you have done anything wrong. I've never had a paid job.I lead a rather basic lifestyle to minimise stress . Stress being my 'green kryptonite'. Even then it's only with quite a lot of support  That's because  in  my case adaptive functioning is significantly < than would reasonably be expected given my level of intelligence.

I've not read much at all about others here being in the same boat, which leads me to believe I'm something of an 'outlier'.

Parents
  • Well it's your choice but I think you should stay.

I think everyone has a place here. In a way we all kind of don't fit in, that's something that joins us I think.

To be honest I don't feel I fit in particularly well. I get the feeling most people don't like me but maybe that's just where I over analyse and overthink things? I hope it's that.

I have a diagnosis of schizophrenia and DID I don't really talk about it all that much but you're not alone. I'm sure there's lots of people here who are in the same boat.

I hope you decide to stay Slight smile

• I always have that same feeling Paige - that ‘people don’t like me’. I think in general this is our autistic paranoia. I think you seem so nice, intelligent and caring - I don’t see any reason why people wouldn’t like you :) 

• Aww thank you Kate that's really sweet of you to say! Thank you. I think you are the exact same but even better. Every message you write just shows so much intelligence and understanding. The world could do with more of you.

I think you're right about it being autism paranoia. It's so easy to become paranoid about these things. I'm always feeling this way.

• Aww thank you Kate that's really sweet of you to say! Thank you. I think you are the exact same but even better. Every message you write just shows so much intelligence and understanding. The world could do with more of you.

I think you're right about it being autism paranoia. It's so easy to become paranoid about these things. I'm always feeling this way.

Children
No Data