Not at all sure I fit in here

Having read comments here over the last couple of days  I'm increasingly wondering whether this community/forum is a good fit for me.  Whereas I'm not a severe autistic needing 24x7x365 care I also can't identify with the high powered careers and lives  many of you seem to have.

To some degree that may be due to having a comorbid  schizophrenia/schizo-affective dx.It's a compatibility issue not one where any of you have done anything wrong. I've never had a paid job.I lead a rather basic lifestyle to minimise stress . Stress being my 'green kryptonite'. Even then it's only with quite a lot of support  That's because  in  my case adaptive functioning is significantly < than would reasonably be expected given my level of intelligence.

I've not read much at all about others here being in the same boat, which leads me to believe I'm something of an 'outlier'.

Parents
  • You don’t really have to ‘fit in’ here -  it’s just a matter of whether or not it’s helpful, useful, or enjoyable to be on this forum. You don’t have to ‘prove’ anything to yourself or to others to justify your presence here. I think virtually all autistic people feel like ‘outliers’ to a great degree, and most of us have huge issues with stress and anxiety - so you definitely have that in common with everyone on here. 

• You don’t really have to ‘fit in’ here -  it’s just a matter of whether or not it’s helpful, useful, or enjoyable to be on this forum. You don’t have to ‘prove’ anything to yourself or to others to justify your presence here. I think virtually all autistic people feel like ‘outliers’ to a great degree, and most of us have huge issues with stress and anxiety - so you definitely have that in common with everyone on here. 

Children
No Data