Advice about Access to Work

I appled for Access to Work when I started my current job supermarket assistant in December. They contacted me yesterday, and they agreed to communicate via email so far. I'm waiting for next email, but in truth I have no idea what I could ask them for.

I have no major sensory sensitivities. OK I need earplugs when it's to noisy, or I'm not in mood for talking, but I can do that already. Things that make smell that make me feint are unlikely to happen in supermarket, e.g. elderflower bushes.

Please advice.

• blue light filters on on every screen I own Stuck out tongue

• thank you i'll ask them for suggestions

I applied to get money for buses to work, otherwise I'm cycling, because they're to expensive. On foot it takes 40min. Cycling winter time with strong winds was challenging and exausting.

• Yeah I had one for my Irlen's. It was quite a nightmare trying to bring together my DSE regs entitlements to ete test and computer glasses together with my need for and Irlen tint on the same specs. My poor boss just wanted to do the easy thing and just pay for an optician that could do that even though the corporate contract was with Specsavers, who couldn't. They insisted on going through access to work. Dear God! What a lot of Jobs worths. My boss and I were tearing our hair out over it. Lol. Got there in the end though.

Access to work can cover lots of stuff. Remember, it also includes your journey to work. Think about your work day from beginning to end and all the tiny things that might make things that tad harder for you. The advisor, when you meet them may have solutions. Some may involve a bit of kit, others just might be recommended adapted working practices. But it's a great opportunity just to describe the difficulty and see if there is a solution that perhaps hasn't occured to you yet. I found them very helpful.

• I have asked work for more time to complete files and without disruption. And for something to dim the computer screens, no blue light filters settings available on the computer.

I was unsure what to ask for, so just waiting to see if work will accept that