I want to end liken Albert Einstein

I want to be like Albert Einstein. How do I improve my profound symptoms of Dyscalculia? I want to end up like him one day.

Parents
  • Well, I'm not sure what symptoms of dyscalculia you specifically struggle with, but knowing which areas you need to work on would be a good starting point.

For me, I struggled with dyscalculia throughout school, but now as an adult, I have trained myself to do mental math. 

I tried a lot of different methods of learning math, and it included lots of sensory methods, mostly things that were more "hands on," like colors, shapes, something that I could hold and manipulate.  

There's methods of math using your hands, not only to count to ten. Depending on the method, you could use it as an abacus, sign language, binary numbers, the times tables. 

Then there's some ancient arithmatic, like by using the abacus and vedic math. There are videos of kids doing insanely fast number calculations by using these ancient methods.

There's also methods of using colors for each number. The Human Calculator Scott Flansburg imagines a number grid in his mind, so that he can calculate things quickly.

And there's a lot more things, but these were the interesting ones that I remember. 

Anyways, I hope you become the next Albert Einstein one day! 

• I could use that as my IEP goal. Thank you!

Reply Children
No Data