Universal Credit

Hello

Right now I am experiencing really poor mental health and anxiety issues that she long term ongoing. I feel ill and constantly tired and withdrawn. It's like I'm in a weird haze everyday. 

Anyway. I lost my my recent job at Amazon. Order picker. I was employed there for 4 months but honestly spent most of the time there off with sickness. I only had to sign onto UC again in early March. And have just started seeing a work advisor again in mid April. I am told to look for full time work and warehouse work again.

I'm totally feeling like a rabbit in the headlights. I can't even go into a shop right now without feeling dizzy and having terrible migraines. I'm not sleeping well either. My social skills are just awful. My confidence is rock bottom. I don't feel employable. Definitely not full time work which will just burn me out beyond anything.

I don't know what to think. Am I trully just lazy? I don't feel well that's all I can say. I feel under intense pressure and of course I am afraid of losing my UC money so I don't feel confident to explain how I really feel. I just nod and say yes I am looking for work etc. 

I have mentioned autism. 

I have got 10k of debt too. Built up over last 4 years while being in and out of work. I am thinking bankruptsy but not sure. 

I'm totally overwhelmed. Any advise, support anything would be of help. I appreciate it. 

Parents
  • bankruptsy

you wouldn't be allowed to gain income from any source for few years,

it means homelessness,

I thought about it too, and while I feel, or maybe just hope that I am in a slightly better mental and physical condition,

I can't endure full time job anymore, just like you, because it's to much stress

I do not think I would survive a month as a homeless

that was the last of ''rational'' choices I had

• The system is cruel - and it’s terrible for people with autism and/or mental health problems. The thought of my son being in the clutches of the job centre terrifies me - which is why I’m encouraging him to stay in education for as long as I can (although he’s finding that hugely difficult too). 

• The system is cruel - and it’s terrible for people with autism and/or mental health problems. The thought of my son being in the clutches of the job centre terrifies me - which is why I’m encouraging him to stay in education for as long as I can (although he’s finding that hugely difficult too). 

Children
No Data