Universal Credit

Hello

Right now I am experiencing really poor mental health and anxiety issues that she long term ongoing. I feel ill and constantly tired and withdrawn. It's like I'm in a weird haze everyday. 

Anyway. I lost my my recent job at Amazon. Order picker. I was employed there for 4 months but honestly spent most of the time there off with sickness. I only had to sign onto UC again in early March. And have just started seeing a work advisor again in mid April. I am told to look for full time work and warehouse work again.

I'm totally feeling like a rabbit in the headlights. I can't even go into a shop right now without feeling dizzy and having terrible migraines. I'm not sleeping well either. My social skills are just awful. My confidence is rock bottom. I don't feel employable. Definitely not full time work which will just burn me out beyond anything.

I don't know what to think. Am I trully just lazy? I don't feel well that's all I can say. I feel under intense pressure and of course I am afraid of losing my UC money so I don't feel confident to explain how I really feel. I just nod and say yes I am looking for work etc. 

I have mentioned autism. 

I have got 10k of debt too. Built up over last 4 years while being in and out of work. I am thinking bankruptsy but not sure. 

I'm totally overwhelmed. Any advise, support anything would be of help. I appreciate it. 

Parents
  • I would definitely advise speaking with your GP as a priority, and asking if you can be signed off work. Explain the symptoms you have stated here, and also request a full health check. 

Unless you've had one recently, I feel it would also be worth booking an appointment with an optician for an eye test, especially as you feel that your vision has deteriorated.

As for your debt, have you considered contacting Stepchange? They are a free debt charity that provides confidential debt advice and solutions for your circumstances (link below, which should open in a new window).

https://www.stepchange.org/

• I would definitely advise speaking with your GP as a priority, and asking if you can be signed off work. Explain the symptoms you have stated here, and also request a full health check. 

Unless you've had one recently, I feel it would also be worth booking an appointment with an optician for an eye test, especially as you feel that your vision has deteriorated.

As for your debt, have you considered contacting Stepchange? They are a free debt charity that provides confidential debt advice and solutions for your circumstances (link below, which should open in a new window).

https://www.stepchange.org/

Children