Hyper focus = meltdown

I've been given a preliminary diagnosis of ASD, and awaiting full diagnosis.

I'm currently tyring to understand myself relating to meltdowns and sensory overloads.

So tonight my routine changed and my partner went on night shift (if which was out of the blue, so had not time to prepare). I decided to construct my lego set and build my McClaren, 2hrs into it I Expressionlesshyper focused and couldn't find my lego part and my inner voice told me I would meltdown. I ignored it once I found my lego part. 1hr later I realised I really needed to eat, so I made my mini pizzas and 22 mins later I took them out the oven and 1 slipped and fell topping first on the oven (ruining my over). I cleaned it up, without Turing the oven off.. Burnt my finger.. Didn't think Expressionless-.-

So I tried cleaning it up, burnt the finger and just broke down.. I had a full on melt down and have only just managed to calm down 3hrs later. 

The last time this happened, I had a sensory overload after seeing my lightbuld smoke, eggshell ended up in my Yorkshire pudding mix, and I just lost it. I've spent this entire week feeling low and just put of it, then this happens.. 

Can anyone tell me if there is a pattern, and if when you get your inner voice telling you that a meltdown is going to happen if it does follow closely behind, or to just ignore it like I did hours beforehand. I'm really struggling, and trying to understand myself is proving difficult. Plus Google is zero help haha. 

Parents Reply Children
No Data