Life Hacks

Has anyone got any good life hacks to help manage autism? I use bullet journaling, fiddle things and noise cancelling headphones atm.

Has anyone tried the flare audio earplug things to help with noise sensitivity when it needs to be discrete? I have tried the loop ones but find them too big for me.

Parents
  • Loop ear plugs have are the most discrete noise reduction earphones i have found to combat noise sensitivity i haven't found anything more discrete unfortunately. I found some noise reduces that go behind the ear but it requires skin safe adhesive and i don't think i would tolerate them.

an acquaintance has suggested a ear clip piercing but it painful and the there is a chance that it would not reduce my sound sensitivity and finding a place that does it is really uncommon, it's not really discrete but people don't often make as much as fuss with them as earphones.       

I found some discrete detachable pocket fidgets that you can stitch into hoodie pockets and remove before you place into the wash and can switch them out. It comes with different fidget toy to attach in your pocket. I found it on Etsy. I got my friend to stitch them into my hoodies.

I have a fidget ring that use regularly. it's designed so you can rub the ring without irritating your finger.

I have recently went to the opticians and requested some special sunglasses that look clear facing people but are adaptive sunglasses when the wearer looks through them, best £120 i have spent. I wear them in shops. 

I got my old glasses frames modified in a similar way so they look clear to people looking me, but i the wearer see orange to help with reading. so people treat me like im special or ask a thousand questions.         

• Thank you everyone for sharing - it is great to hear people's tips!

Reply Children
No Data