Spoon Theory

I know this is something that most probably has been touched on before but here goes... I been  using the spoon method of working out what i can do in a day instead of trying to please everyone and then causing myself to end up in a bad place. Iv'e now used this method of spoons for about 2 months.

Basically I wake up and then depending on what sleep iv'e had can work out how many spoons of energy or sugar if you like i have. I tend to use a max of 10 spoons, if i wake and feel i have 8 spoons for that day, I then workout what i can achieve in that day and still  be sane at the end of the day. Driving to work could be one spoon, going shopping two spoons and so on. Each task uses a certain amount of spoons. my health has improved no end. Iv'e realised that my autistic brain can't try do everything and then cause its overload, I have to have time for me. Without being too soppy, its all about just being kinder to yourself. If i can't do something on one day then I just reschedule it, my life, my rules. Trying to manage autism really does help and has lessened the amount of meltdowns or shutdowns i was having. Happy wife, happy life!