Meltdown and headaches

I had a bit of a meltdown today. The incident that tipped me over the edge was actually something others may not have even given much thought to, but to me it was huge. I had not long finished work for the day so the mental adjustment  may have contributed to my overloaded, overwhelming feelings. Anyway, since I calmed down, I have had a severe headache and have had to fight the overwhelming urge to sleep. I wish I could cope better. 

Parents
  • That sounds like a stress headache.

I've mentioned it before, but Autistics are impacted far more severely than NTs. We NEED a small amount of anti-anxiety medication (not anti-depressants) on the odd occasion. Not everyday. We need to be able to shut down the severe impact, think through the moment and plan for next time. Work out what is causing this kind of impact and how to break from it so it doesn't destroy us. 

• That sounds like a stress headache.

I've mentioned it before, but Autistics are impacted far more severely than NTs. We NEED a small amount of anti-anxiety medication (not anti-depressants) on the odd occasion. Not everyday. We need to be able to shut down the severe impact, think through the moment and plan for next time. Work out what is causing this kind of impact and how to break from it so it doesn't destroy us. 

Children