Exhausted all the time

Hi, does anyone else experience exhaustion all the time?

I've been like this for the last few years. I don't sleep well, but it feels more like it's where things in my life get on top of me and makes me even more exhausted. If something stressful happens I'm so tired after I need to have a nap. And lately driving home from work has been an increasing concern because of how tired I feel, I don't want to fall asleep at the wheel and crash.

Do you have any tips for this? I feel like this is an asd thing more than anything. I've tried being more relaxed but I'm anxious most of the time so it's a struggle. I'm open to any suggestions you might have to help Slight smile

• Hi Luis, 

Thank you for all of the above and for taking the time to respond. It does sound like we share similarities with this, though great that you have found some things that help you with it. I guess my problem is that I give in to it and let my brain overwork on everything. I need to try and stop that! Easier said than done, but, with some of what you've said above hopefully soon I'll be able to relax a little and not feel so rundown.

I've not tried the others but I did attempt yoga once but like you said I found it to be uncomfortable and not a great experience but maybe I just didn't give it enough chance? So I will look into this and the others you have suggested and see if they help.

Thanks again.

T x

• I think it's similar for me. Open fronts is something I struggle with and they can be anything I have to do or attend. Even the silliest things. All of them together become unmanageable, so what tends to work for me is to have something that needs my undivided attention (so my brain is not busy with sh*t) but it's not an obligation. Some examples.

Podcasts.

There is a comedy podcast that I love, which is very funny and relaxing. It's in Spanish, so I assume it does not work for you but it's basically two guys with a lot of chemistry having random improvised conversations. Music also feels like an alternative, but it does not work for me.

Cardio sport.

Such as running. It's very tiring, which helps, but also helps me focus on one thing somehow. It's just bloody hard to start...

Yoga.

This is a tricky one but very effective for me. I must say I hated yoga the first times I tried. It's uncomfortable and when you finish you don't have that nice feeling of being tired. However, the right one really helps me focus. What I mean with "the right one" for me is one that focuses on keeping a pose with precision for a bit of time, rather than 200 sun salutations that you do badly. Most yoga poses, even the most basic, are hard to sustain, so you need to be very focused on just not falling. I find that half way through the lesson my mind is focused, and by the end I really welcome the relaxation time. Also, helps your strength more than you would think and is a great complement for cardio.

Thinking of alternatives, if you need a bit more intensity, maybe things like zumba, where you need to focus on following the instructor?

I hope this helps