Fibromyalgia

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 9 years ago, after a long time of leg pain, whole body pain and exhaustion.  I have read that fibro is often experienced by those on the spectrum as it is a heightened sensitivity to pain. Has anyone else here experienced the symptoms or been diagnosed? I think I manage my fibro symptoms quite well, but some days I feel like I have been hit by a truck. How much of this is also as a result of burnout, I'm not sure. 

• i take multivitamins every day containing 100%  RDA of  B12 B6, magnesium, iron, vitamin D etc. Maybe they have been helping.  

• Not a medical professional, It may be worth trying taking these combination of supplements especially if your experience this alongside migraine. 

B12, Riboflavin, Vitamin D and omega 3. A study that was recently carried out that these four supplement taken regularly can help reduce symptoms. personally i suffer from really bad migraine and these have helped reduce the intensity of the migraine. I also started taken them a 3 months ago and i am now able to attend the gym, the pain still their but the fatigue is becoming manageable 

• You poor thing. I hope your doing ok with this? I have both asd and fibromyalgia. I'm in pain and exhausted every day have been for years and it's not in a great place so most days I'm in so much pain and so tired I don't even get out of bed. I should really get to the doctors for some better help with this but I don't think I'd be able to get there because it's so overwhelming. Argh I hate it! 

• How did u find out about these tablets? Do u know y they work? I have been told a mix of supplements do help but not yet found the right mix x

• I personally have found a company who makes a herbal supplement which helps: https://www.crystalstar.com I think you can buy them in the UK here: https://uk.iherb.com/pr/crystal-star-fibro-defense-60-vegetarian-capsules/57432

I occasionally take Womens Best Friend for a several months and then I'm fine for a while. Oddly, they'd take the pain away. They seem a little expensive, but a bottle lasts for a month or longer and is less than a night out, so for me, completely worth it. 

• I do both. I use a small under desk bike while doing my job. This not only burns calories, but is low impact so it doesn't cause a fibro flare and is also good for the arthritis in my knees. I like to swim in the sea too, although I haven't done so since October due to the lack of daylight after work here in Scotland. I'm hoping to resume that soon. 

• Do u mind if i ask if u work or exercise?

I struggle to do these things currently x

• Hi there, I hope you start the gain the benefits of a plant based diet soon. I have been vegetarian for about 6 years, Maybe the general pain is less than it was, but it doesn't stop the horrible flare ups. Thanks for the name of the Dr, I will look it up 

• Hi,

I too have fibromyalgia aswel as asd.

I find it extremely hard having the 2 conditions together.

What do u do to make ur fibro better? I currently have started a plant based diet & detox to see if it helps. 

I read up on it from a website someone recommended on here & it makes alot of sense. Its Dr Myhill

x