3rd invisible choice – autistic Holy Grail

Hello everyone I think I found a way how to solve our problem with going through the interview in order to get a job. I tested it on 2 occassions, I mean I attended 2 interviews applying that method, one was successful and I have a job Store Assistant at Lidl, and I had some fun and were joking during interview, first time ever for me. 2nd was not, but they called me to say it, and they were very nice, I did not get some googled-up version ssaying ‘no’ send via email. So, I had an inmpression that there really was someone better, especially that I was not suitable candidate, I have never worked in that field before, and my skills were only overlapping, from the range that could be called office skills, it was HR Apprentice job.

I have never before suceeded if there was an interview. I was trying to approach it using classical approach, that is created for non-autistic, with my masking on, so I would try to avoid disclosing some facts, unless I was forced to tell it with direct question, when I do not see a way to dodge it with white lie.

Why it did not work:

1. Non-autistic subconscious mind after 10-15dec of probing you senses if you try to conceal something, it means it will sniff out if you are masking. I found information about that process on Autistic Village website https://autistic-village.com. From that moment non-autistic would stop trusting what you are saying. Would you give job to someone you do not trust?
  2. Following rules, you would compete against non-autistic in a popularity contest. Have you ever been considered popular at school?
  3. There is few of us who managed to break a block preventing us from lying, I heard about 3 cases. But that involves massive emotional trauma, and possibly brain damage, and years of practise. I simply start stammering and never finish the sentence, not a good idea to do it on interview, very much like actor depicting King George VI in King’s Speech. While they still do not trust you because of 1st

After 5 years of slowly sinkling to the bottom, while my life falling to pieces, with no plan, I managed to put myself together 2 months ago, with help of many here on a forum, hellbent on never going through that again, to the point I started to practise it in front of mirror 3 weeks ago, ‘No,no way, never again’, week ago my mind started doing it on its own, I found out trying to prepare for first interview and interrupting every thought that would be about following classical approach.

That is how I came up with a radikal idea, if I cannot play by the classical rules, requiring ommision of facts, exaggerating, or lying if you could, I will play by my rules without telling anybody, no concealing of anything, 100% honest, without hesitation answering personal questions, if those that are making us uncomrtable to disclose, that I left last job because I was harrased by manager, that I do not like when someone is standing over me ‘breathing in my ear’ etc.

So, facing an autistic conundrum which is an impossible choice superimposed on Shroedinger cat paradox in a form of classical approach ‘’I lie I lose and I do not lie and still lose’’, we are stuck unable to get a job.

But there is 3rd invisible choice we never see, change the rules, to work it requires that mental aptitude saying no. I will start tests from now, to see if it can be applied on every autistic conundrum.

I wish you good luck trying, only for the brave, that’s not easy, 4 weeks ago I wouldn’t believe it myself. Let me know how it went. Together we can make our lives better.