Just been diognosed heard all negitive not positive

Hi I am pop and I had my.offical dionosis come though yesterday but it was all the negatives and it made me really down. I was wondering is anyone new the benefits to being autistic or is it just all bad?

Parents
  • Hi.  Don't dwell on the diagnosis or report, choose to feel that you are just different, neurodiverse and not a set of negative traits.  It shouldn't be this way, but anything we don't do 'normally' is marked as a negative - one day it might change, hopefully.  There are benefits, but a diagnosis by itself doesn't change much - you have to get to know your true self, make changes if you can/need, and try and get through life as best you can.  Diagnosis is just the first step on your autism journey.

• Hi.  Don't dwell on the diagnosis or report, choose to feel that you are just different, neurodiverse and not a set of negative traits.  It shouldn't be this way, but anything we don't do 'normally' is marked as a negative - one day it might change, hopefully.  There are benefits, but a diagnosis by itself doesn't change much - you have to get to know your true self, make changes if you can/need, and try and get through life as best you can.  Diagnosis is just the first step on your autism journey.

Children
No Data