Just been diognosed heard all negitive not positive

Hi I am pop and I had my.offical dionosis come though yesterday but it was all the negatives and it made me really down. I was wondering is anyone new the benefits to being autistic or is it just all bad?

Parents
  • Hi Pop! 

I think one of the big benefits to getting an official diagnosis is so that you can get support when or if it's ever needed, or maybe accommodations in the workplace.  So whoever wrote the diagnosis report might be working on that assumption as well - in which case, they probably only felt the need to highlight the negatives.  Awesome for anyone's self esteem...not!

In reality, you're a complete human being with just as many strengths.  We just need to work those out for ourselves, because we're all so different from each other.

I hope you're able to see what your strengths are once you've had a bit of time to process what's in the report.

• Hi Pop! 

I think one of the big benefits to getting an official diagnosis is so that you can get support when or if it's ever needed, or maybe accommodations in the workplace.  So whoever wrote the diagnosis report might be working on that assumption as well - in which case, they probably only felt the need to highlight the negatives.  Awesome for anyone's self esteem...not!

In reality, you're a complete human being with just as many strengths.  We just need to work those out for ourselves, because we're all so different from each other.

I hope you're able to see what your strengths are once you've had a bit of time to process what's in the report.

Children
No Data