Advice with diagnosis

Hello,

I am planning on speaking to the doctors this week about starting my diagnosis journey and I would really appreciate any advice. I recently started a PGCE teaching course (about 12 weeks ago) and initially it was going OK but then as the work load increased and the University started to mix up the groups I was working with, placing me with new people who I had never met to complete projects with, it was just too much. I came home that evening and felt absolutely burnt out and since then I have had to take time away from the course. This is what has led me to finally wanting to get my diagnosis and if anyone that has been through their diagnosis could offer any advice on what to expect then I would really appreciate that.

Thank you,

Adam

Parents
  • It’s usual for you to tell them why you think you should be assessed. They should ask a few probing questions, but if they dismiss you for any reason, feel free to ask for a second opinion.

Just be aware that in the UK, the wait for adult assessment is quite long. A year or more right now, unless you decide to go private.

• It’s usual for you to tell them why you think you should be assessed. They should ask a few probing questions, but if they dismiss you for any reason, feel free to ask for a second opinion.

Just be aware that in the UK, the wait for adult assessment is quite long. A year or more right now, unless you decide to go private.

Children
No Data