imagination

Do we really lack imagination?

I see this so often in the literature

Looking at the web pages on "understanding behaviour" - "Anxiety in adults....." it says "To understand emotion you need imagination. One of the areas of difficulty for people with autism is not being able to imagine things"

But further on, under psychological signs, it has "thinking constantly about the worst outcome". How do we do this without an imagination?

It it more about type of imagination? Or too much imagination making subtle imagination harder?

Parents
  • When my son was diagnosed as autistic, we were told there were three main areas which lead to this conclusion. SOCIAL imagination, SOCIAL interaction and SOCIAL communication was the way it was put. I personally think this was very well done, but not being autistic I cannot really comment. Do people who are diagnosed with autism/aspergers feel this is a more accurate/appropriate description?

• When my son was diagnosed as autistic, we were told there were three main areas which lead to this conclusion. SOCIAL imagination, SOCIAL interaction and SOCIAL communication was the way it was put. I personally think this was very well done, but not being autistic I cannot really comment. Do people who are diagnosed with autism/aspergers feel this is a more accurate/appropriate description?

Children
No Data