House plants confuse me, Any help from a green thumb?

I and my mum plants die a lot (succulent and Cactus) my mum says my sister house plant dies easy. I am not sure if it is an autistic thing, my mum and sister don't have it. 

All my house plants are dying including the new cheese plant I got and I'm sad about it. It says you need fertiliser but no idea how it all works it looks so confusing when you look it all up.

My brain is going in overload and feels exhausted with it. Does anyone else get confused with this sort of thing?

I wish I did not have learning difficulties and just function a bit more like normal.

Parents
  • I wish someone would ask "how can I torture and slowly kill a house plant"... I'm a natural at it.

Overwatering is my most common method of assasination - I used to rigidly water every Sunday whether the poor plant needed it or not. Now before watering I check if the soil is moist and if any water is pooled in the outer pot or tray.

In Spring & Summer I add two capfuls of Miracle Gro liquid fertilizer to the 6 litre watering can..

The most robust plants I've found so far (ie: the ones that survive!) are:

Dragon Tree

(Dracaena Marginata)

Rubber Plant

(Ficus elastica 'Robusta')

Peace Lily

(Spathiphyllum wallisii)

My next challenge is overcoming my reluctance to prune (it just seems cruel!).

I grew my rubber plant from a single leaf cutting and now it takes up 1/3 of my bedroom...

I have a cheese plant also that I quite like, but it's looking a little droopy lately... I think it needs more light.

• I wish someone would ask "how can I torture and slowly kill a house plant"... I'm a natural at it.

Overwatering is my most common method of assasination - I used to rigidly water every Sunday whether the poor plant needed it or not. Now before watering I check if the soil is moist and if any water is pooled in the outer pot or tray.

In Spring & Summer I add two capfuls of Miracle Gro liquid fertilizer to the 6 litre watering can..

The most robust plants I've found so far (ie: the ones that survive!) are:

Dragon Tree

(Dracaena Marginata)

Rubber Plant

(Ficus elastica 'Robusta')

Peace Lily

(Spathiphyllum wallisii)

My next challenge is overcoming my reluctance to prune (it just seems cruel!).

I grew my rubber plant from a single leaf cutting and now it takes up 1/3 of my bedroom...

I have a cheese plant also that I quite like, but it's looking a little droopy lately... I think it needs more light.

Children