House plants confuse me, Any help from a green thumb?

I and my mum plants die a lot (succulent and Cactus) my mum says my sister house plant dies easy. I am not sure if it is an autistic thing, my mum and sister don't have it. 

All my house plants are dying including the new cheese plant I got and I'm sad about it. It says you need fertiliser but no idea how it all works it looks so confusing when you look it all up.

My brain is going in overload and feels exhausted with it. Does anyone else get confused with this sort of thing?

I wish I did not have learning difficulties and just function a bit more like normal.

Parents
  • Well, I have a particular fondness for houseplants and my windowsills are very cluttered.  Years ago, I started off with just one book - "The Houseplant Expert"  - and this seemed to cover most of the plants I had.   Once I got an idea of the watering and lighting requirements of each of my plants, I gained confidence so I'd suggest maybe just one book or website for starters, just to pare things down and avoid getting overloaded with it.  

Over the years I've also noticed that many plants thrive on neglect and that most of casualties have been caused by my over attentiveness - basically too much watering or feeding.  Maybe keep a small plant journal so's you can keep track and find out what's working best in your house?  There'll still be casualties, no doubt, and some plants are only meant to be temporary visitors, but I think you'll gradually tune in to what's needed and the plants will start lasting longer.  Plus it's a very interesting and optimistic hobby to have.  :)  

• Well, I have a particular fondness for houseplants and my windowsills are very cluttered.  Years ago, I started off with just one book - "The Houseplant Expert"  - and this seemed to cover most of the plants I had.   Once I got an idea of the watering and lighting requirements of each of my plants, I gained confidence so I'd suggest maybe just one book or website for starters, just to pare things down and avoid getting overloaded with it.  

Over the years I've also noticed that many plants thrive on neglect and that most of casualties have been caused by my over attentiveness - basically too much watering or feeding.  Maybe keep a small plant journal so's you can keep track and find out what's working best in your house?  There'll still be casualties, no doubt, and some plants are only meant to be temporary visitors, but I think you'll gradually tune in to what's needed and the plants will start lasting longer.  Plus it's a very interesting and optimistic hobby to have.  :)  

Children
No Data