Rodent pests in house and scared about.

About 8 months ago I reported to my landlord that there was slight damage to the side of the roof. The wooden panel broke and some crows nested in there. The landlord had to wait for them to go and that time went and heard he was going to fix it but nothing. The landlord hurt himself and he's now in hospital.

He is a handyman and does all the work. A month ago I called pest control from the council l as I heard a thing run in the ceiling at around 11 to 12 pm. The guy came and he left bait (a yellow block) that was none toxic not sure what it does. Straight away he said it was a mouse but I don't know.

There was an old mouse poison left there with an old mouse poo but told him it was before I moved in.

He said not a lot you can do to stop them as all the houses are attached and they move from one house to another.

He left and the rodent took the bait but no poo was to be seen, this was a couple of weeks later and tried to contact him but he was away. We did email the council and a time later a new guy came. He did not seem as knowledgeable as the other guy and was not sure what it was. 

He first said it was a crow as he saw them sitting by the hole and could hear them from the attic. Waiting for its bait? 

I told him the time I heard them and said it's not a bird but a rodent. He left a none toxic bag (the bag is biodegradable) with pellets in it and I have no idea what it was but said it was non-toxic. Left that and said to call him in a week, which will be a Monday.

Something like a rodent took small bites in the bag and removed some pellets but again no poo. Mice poo wherethey eat?

I got a little bit nervous and left an old spring trap but did not go off properly. I put some of the yellow bait on it from a different area that the mouse did not go to so that seems secure (he put two blocks in the other part and just took the one so there is still one at that end and will keep an eye on it).

To be honest, I'm scared I don't want to lose anything I have as it all means so much to me, I cleaned the whole flat and put every bit of food In containers and don't leave any rubbish out and I hover more.

What do I need to do? I bought some mouse traps from Amazon. If they had more baby's you would know right? He leaves the flat every day at around 11 to 12 pm and have no idea when he comes back. This has been over a month now as well.

I just want to feel safe and my life would be over if I lose everything.

Thanks

Parents
  • Setting traps in areas where you've seen activity, like near the hole in the roof or where the bait was taken, is a good idea. Mice reproduce quickly, so it's important to act fast to prevent a larger infestation.

• Setting traps in areas where you've seen activity, like near the hole in the roof or where the bait was taken, is a good idea. Mice reproduce quickly, so it's important to act fast to prevent a larger infestation.

Children
No Data