BASS waiting list times BATH/BRISTOL

It may not seem like a long time but I was referred to BASS for an ASD diagnosis in mid February of this year and got the processing paperwork and screening questionnaire in mid march. Its now been almost 8 months and I have heard nothing in regards to my first appointment. Anyone have any experience with the service and can tell me how long they waited?

Parents
  • Don't rely on BASS - total charlatans, don't diagnose at all, and even if they do (amazingly) there is no follow up. See the FAILED by BASS Facebook page for reams of people failed by them. 

• Don't rely on BASS - total charlatans, don't diagnose at all, and even if they do (amazingly) there is no follow up. See the FAILED by BASS Facebook page for reams of people failed by them. 

Children
  • BASS is one of the few areas that does has a full follow up service, including hospital passports, anxiety and post diagnosis courses. I agree that their diagnostic services can leave some things to be desired, but post diagnosis they are considered some of the best post diagnostic ongoing support in the country.

I'm sorry if you haven't experienced this. Can I ask which area of BASS's remit are you in? BANES, Bristol, North Somerset or South Glos?