BASS waiting list times BATH/BRISTOL

It may not seem like a long time but I was referred to BASS for an ASD diagnosis in mid February of this year and got the processing paperwork and screening questionnaire in mid march. Its now been almost 8 months and I have heard nothing in regards to my first appointment. Anyone have any experience with the service and can tell me how long they waited?

Parents
  • Hi, I was referred to BASS in October and have not heard a single thing, no letter of even confirming my referral or anything... should I have heard something by now or is this pretty standard? Thank you Slight smile

• Hi, I was referred to BASS in October and have not heard a single thing, no letter of even confirming my referral or anything... should I have heard something by now or is this pretty standard? Thank you Slight smile

Children
  • I don't know if it's relevant to BASS or not, but there's a page on the Lancashire Autism Service web page explaining that since covid is affecting the administration of referrals it's often a few months before they even receive referrals from the NHS, so there's a good chance BASS haven't even heard of you yet.

• No that doesn't sound right. I had a letter saying I was referred less than a month after I was referred. Although it then took another 7 months to get a triage appointment. I'd follow up with your gp if you don't have a number for BASS