BASS waiting list times BATH/BRISTOL

It may not seem like a long time but I was referred to BASS for an ASD diagnosis in mid February of this year and got the processing paperwork and screening questionnaire in mid march. Its now been almost 8 months and I have heard nothing in regards to my first appointment. Anyone have any experience with the service and can tell me how long they waited?

Parents
  • Not sure what BASS is in your area, but average NHS wIting time is a couple of years or more - deep heavy sigh - no, not good enough! Did they give you a phone number to ring to check where you are in the queue?

• Not sure what BASS is in your area, but average NHS wIting time is a couple of years or more - deep heavy sigh - no, not good enough! Did they give you a phone number to ring to check where you are in the queue?

Children
  • Hi Dawn, BASS is the service that does adult diagnosis and support for autism in our area. They did give a phone number but won't tell you where you are in the queue but have been known to 'lose' people on the list so calling is a good idea every 6+months or so to check you haven't been missed. BASS do a two stage diagnosis, a triage call first, generally just less than a year, where they decide if they think you need a full assessment, and then the assessment, usually about a year later. So the overall waiting time from referral to diagnosis is still 2+ years, it's just split up so they have a shorter 'referral to first care contact' time.