Executive function

Desperately trying not to go down the rabbit hole.

I thought my finances were in order. Then I checked my housing association account and it’s in arrears. No one wrote to me, called to alert me to this issue. I have been paying the agreed amount that the housing association told me too by direct debit. But it seems my housing benefit amount is less than it should be. I had no indication till I looked at the account.

my budget is tight and I have no idea how I’m suppose to pay this error being that it is the housing association fault putting me in this situation.

my biggest fear is losing my home. It’s the first home I have had that is mine, free from partner or children. It’s my security my safe place.

my daughter sorted out council tax repayments, negotiated for me with other places as I can’t deal with financial stuff as it confuses me so much.

I thought I was in a good place now everything is shaky and unsure. I have sent a complaint to the HA telling them their poor management has caused me distress but I doubt they will care or help. Even the thought of going to citizens advice or shelter fills me with dread. I’m already in the process with an advocate with a complaint about NHS mental health and how I was treated due to my autism, I don’t know how much more stress I can take.

I have support worker but they can only do so much and being alone and isolated just makes me feel what’s the point, this isn’t living.

one minute everything is ok and poof all down the drain.

Parents
  • just ask the HA how we are going to sort this -----notice the "we" ----  this can be easily sorted  with a slightly increased payment over a long time period. 

OR  your daughter pays the difference in one go and u pay her back again over a long time

depends on how much u are talking about

they are not going to throw u out that doesn't make economic sense to me

• just ask the HA how we are going to sort this -----notice the "we" ----  this can be easily sorted  with a slightly increased payment over a long time period. 

OR  your daughter pays the difference in one go and u pay her back again over a long time

depends on how much u are talking about

they are not going to throw u out that doesn't make economic sense to me

Children
  • Daughter doesn’t have the money and we have fallen out…again, she gets fed up with me and I feel a burden.

Not only is it the arrears amount it’s HB being less than I was led to believe which has caused the added shortfall. So instead of a small increase it has doubled and I don’t have the income being on benefits and not getting my pension at 60 ( 4 more years of hardly any £). Us older women really get the short straw being autistic.