Misophonia & Noise canceling headphones

Hi, I suffer from misophonia and currently wear on ear wireless headphones with white noise to block out sounds. I have 3 pairs which have at least 12h battery life to ensure that I have one available at all times + a spare

I recently got told that I should watch the show A-Typical. I'm not sure why. So far I've found the TV show distressing. But anyway; I noticed that the main character with autism has noise canceling headphone and wondered if anyone has any experience with some that they could recommend.

Reading about noise canceling, In my mind I'm imagine something that negates all sounds and give you total silence. As I sometimes require to listen to sounds very loud to block out some noise. This would be far safer for me as I already have tinnitus.

This this is true on how they actually work. Can someone recommend some headphones which do this? I like my current ones because I can sleep with them on

Parents
  • So I found that the headphones the character on A-Typical uses are: Bose Quietcomfort 35 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphones

I wish it was possible to "Try" these before you buy because damn they're all pretty expensive.

It would be nice to have a silence rather then having to blast my ears with sounds 24/7 - I also currently wear them to help me fall asleep.

• So I found that the headphones the character on A-Typical uses are: Bose Quietcomfort 35 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphones

I wish it was possible to "Try" these before you buy because damn they're all pretty expensive.

It would be nice to have a silence rather then having to blast my ears with sounds 24/7 - I also currently wear them to help me fall asleep.

Children
  • ok u need to be careful with sleep. I mean i sleep with headphones on sometimes they ( the headphones  ) have to be very simple and very robust to survive  being on your head if u roll over on them etc.

• If they sell them in Currys you can put them on. 

I want Sony ones as I did this and found they felt amazing, but I still feel a bit wary of buying headphones that are so expensive so I haven't yet.