Misophonia & Noise canceling headphones

Hi, I suffer from misophonia and currently wear on ear wireless headphones with white noise to block out sounds. I have 3 pairs which have at least 12h battery life to ensure that I have one available at all times + a spare

I recently got told that I should watch the show A-Typical. I'm not sure why. So far I've found the TV show distressing. But anyway; I noticed that the main character with autism has noise canceling headphone and wondered if anyone has any experience with some that they could recommend.

Reading about noise canceling, In my mind I'm imagine something that negates all sounds and give you total silence. As I sometimes require to listen to sounds very loud to block out some noise. This would be far safer for me as I already have tinnitus.

This this is true on how they actually work. Can someone recommend some headphones which do this? I like my current ones because I can sleep with them on

Parents
  • I have a pair of Sennheiser HD540 BT headphones that I was given as a birthday present. They are quite good because they block out most of the background noise and it makes me feel much calmer on public transport or if I'm walking next to a busy road. I also play white noise on them sometimes because it helps me concentrate.

Active noise cancelling (ANC) headphones have a built in microphone which picks up the background noise, then the headphones do a Fourier Transform to break the sound signal up into its constituent frequencies (sine waves), then they play back the same combination of frequencies but shifted 180 degrees out of phase so the incoming sound is cancelled out. This means that ANC works well for continuous background noises (e.g. traffic) but not for sudden, changing sounds. if you want to block out a lot of sound you need ANC headphones that also have good noise isolation (e.g. thick material to absorb sound).

More information: blog.nuraphone.com/.../anc

• I have a pair of Sennheiser HD540 BT headphones that I was given as a birthday present. They are quite good because they block out most of the background noise and it makes me feel much calmer on public transport or if I'm walking next to a busy road. I also play white noise on them sometimes because it helps me concentrate.

Active noise cancelling (ANC) headphones have a built in microphone which picks up the background noise, then the headphones do a Fourier Transform to break the sound signal up into its constituent frequencies (sine waves), then they play back the same combination of frequencies but shifted 180 degrees out of phase so the incoming sound is cancelled out. This means that ANC works well for continuous background noises (e.g. traffic) but not for sudden, changing sounds. if you want to block out a lot of sound you need ANC headphones that also have good noise isolation (e.g. thick material to absorb sound).

More information: blog.nuraphone.com/.../anc

Children
No Data