Formulating a Post Diagnostic Course for Autistics.

Good Evening All,

I would love to formulate a post diagnostic course for Autistics or even a book. One that contains all of the information that I wish had been available to me when I had been diagnosed. That information that you spend hours and hours foraging for in the information jungle that is the world wide web. Information that is slowly learned from time spent with other Autistics but that would be so much more convenient and time saving to have in a nice neat easy to read and digest format.

So, what information would you want to see in a post diagnostic course or book? 

Parents
  • In addition to this course, post-diagnostic assessments could form part of this course as a module and the best ways of obtaining a post diagnostic assessment, along with other supports - we need to move towards a situation where post diagnostic assessments are a legal requirement and proper provision for same needs to be mandated in law, especially as more people are being diagnosed with autism and we also have an ageing population of people who are being diagnosed later in life 

• In addition to this course, post-diagnostic assessments could form part of this course as a module and the best ways of obtaining a post diagnostic assessment, along with other supports - we need to move towards a situation where post diagnostic assessments are a legal requirement and proper provision for same needs to be mandated in law, especially as more people are being diagnosed with autism and we also have an ageing population of people who are being diagnosed later in life 

Children
No Data