Has anybody had trouble accessing NHS treatment after a private autism diagnosis at Lorna Wing Centre?

Apologies for the long post title.

I'm going to have an assessment at the Lorna Wing Centre, privately funded because my GP says it won't be possible on the NHS.

My GP advised me to check whether I would still be eligible for NHS autism treatment (e.g. therapy) after a private diagnosis.

I asked the LW Centre about this, and they advised me to check with my local service providers.  I'm going to email them now, but I don't know if it will be possible to get a clear answer.  

I was just wondering if anyone else has had a private assessment there, and then had any trouble accessing NHS treatment?  I wouldn't have thought it would be an issue, given the LWC's reputation and the fact that they also accept NHS referrals, but I want to find out if I can.

Thanks in advance.

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Aidie,

Thanks for your reply.  I did ask the LWC but they asked me to ask my service providers.  I'm just emailing the last place where I had NHS therapy, hoping that they will know.  It's quite worrying and frustrating.